May 18, 2011

Coloring Contest!

Steampunk Coloring Contest

In case you haven't guessed, this was my entry for the Angry Robots contest.
Although I have dabbled in making my own weapons for conventions and cosplay purposes, I didn't have any good photos that I thought could win the Angry Robots contest. So, I decided I'd throw together a quick steampunk fashion drawing as an entry.

Do I think it will win? Not a chance, but it was fun to take a break from writing and get in touch with my artistic side again. It's really helped me get out of the funk I've been in as a result of my "empty inbox blues." That means all of you benefit because it inspired me to hold a contest!

The reward is a $10 E-gift card at either Barnes&Nobel or Amazon.com--winner's choice.

  If I end up with more than 50 followers at the end of the contest I will award a second $10 gift card to another entrant.


How it Works: 

1. Earn one entry by being a follower of this blog and leaving me a comment about how lovely you think my ladies are.

2. For +1 entry, spread the word on your blog, Twitter, or Facebook and provide the link in the comments section.

3. Earn an extra +3 entries by picking one of the uncolored figures to color in on your own.  (You do not get extra points for coloring in both.)

To color the image in I suggest print, color, scan--or Photoshop/Window's Paint is fine. Let your child color it in if you don't want to; this is not a contest of skill.

After you're done, share your completed picture on your blog,  Facebook, or Twitter then leave me another link to your beautiful artwork in the comments section.

4. The winner will be selected by a random number generator on June 1, 2011.


2 comments:

  1. LOVE your drawings! The peacock feathers are my fave! :)

    http://twitter.com/#!/JackieFel

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww look at me! I became a follower before i even knew there was a contest! Nice forethought!
    I love love LOVE the peacock feathers on lovely lady number One (Two? Well you know which one)

    ReplyDelete